Friday, February 3, 2012

The Best Decision I Have Ever Made

On a daily basis people in my life are stunned to hear that I have transferred from Colorado State to a little Bible college no one has heard of. 99% of the time people are judgy and condescending (i.e. "I thought you were doing something great with your life"... "Weren't you going to be a doctor?"... "So what are you going to do with your life with a theology degree?", etc).


It used to make me really uncomfortable because I was insecure. I was unsure of myself because I didn't have answers prepared. I didn't realize how much transferring schools was going to put me on trial.


But somehow in the last week all of that worry and insecurity stemming from judgment has gone. I know that this is where I am supposed to be right now. If you don't understand it, that's okay with me. Not everyone can do everything and this although world needs some people to be great doctors... this world needs me to be something else. I'm coming to find out more and more that how other people view my decisions does not define who I am.


Studying Bible and Theology is the best decision I have ever made. I have zero regrets in coming to this school and I'm not changing my mind about it being my most freeing experience. I get to go to school with a great group of students after God's own heart while I learn about His promises and how I can live them out in everything that I do. I'm in control of my education while my creator is in control of my life. Not gonna lie, it feels pretty darn good.


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment