Friday, February 3, 2012

My Heart Breaks for the Broken


In school this week we did a Spiritual Giftings Test and it rocked my world. I have taken this test before and heard about what my gifts might have been, but it has never meant so much to me as it did this time. It gave me encouragement and purpose and I finally feel like God is ready to use me according to His purpose.
My Spiritual Gifts:
  • Counseling
  • Creative Communication
  • Mercy
  • Giving
I had to say who I look up to and who I would want to be mentored by if given the chance. I want to hang out with Rob Morris and Kim Walker all the days of my life. They know what’s important, significant, and how to get God’s will up and moving. They have vision that God has placed in their lives and they are acting on it daily.
Actions speak louder than words and most churches are still sitting in silence.
That hurts my little heart.
We sit in stillness while God’s children, his masterpieces, are abused. If that isn’t injustice, I don’t know what is.
Part of the test asked us what we would do if nothing was holding us back (finances, time, and so on). I answered that I would abolish human trafficking and slavery. I thought that my first answer was going to be to get married and raise a family, because I truly have always wanted that and still do. But given a limitless opportunity, I would do something so much greater with myself.
It made me start to wonder…. Why don’t I live like nothing is holding me back? Why am I acting like great things can’t happen through me by the power of my God? Time to refocus on matters of eternity and start believing in faith that miracles are real. Love is coming as an empowering force that cannot be denied or reckoned with. Justice is on its way.
There is a bright future that I dream about filled with whole, mended hearts. I want to be an advocate for those who cannot be one for themselves. While the enemy comes to steal, kill, and destroy I will come to give, love, and restore in Jesus’ name.
“He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” (Revelation 21:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment